Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's a smart match.

Since getting out of the military I have been toying with the idea of facial hair as a standard fashion accessory. Originally opting for what I consider a Margera-like goat, I settled on extended chops. But lo and behold, after a year of chop action, their placement seemed to be steadily lowering to neck beard territory. This was enforced by the comment of a few people on FB. I have currently decided on the trimmed straight sideburn/goatee combo for a few purposes. One, the goatee nicely covers up an unsightly double chin, two the straight sideburns are an automatic step up from the grungey-ness of the neck length chop. (No matter how you trim chops you'll always look like you could use a shower.) And finally, with the darkness of the beard and me eyebrows, I consider myself looking rather dashing. I call this look the Will Turner. Named after the venerable protagonist in the Pirates franchise. See observed examples. And yes, it is a smart match.

The Margera, Neck Chops, The Will Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment